08/11/2017 - A fire damaged one of the buildings of the Plymouth Road Apartments late yesterday (Thu.) afternoon on the northeast side of Mason City.
Firefighters received the call just before 4pm yesterday (Thu.) and when they arrived heavy smoke was showing from the roof with fire on the south side of the roof.
The fire is still under investigation but the most probable cause was electrical. A ventilation fan in the bathroom of the southwest apartment on the 3rd floor either overheated or the electrical wiring arced that supplied the ventilation fan.
The Mason City Fire Department along with property managers are working with the tenants of the 12-unit building to assist them in entering the building to retrieve any personal belongings that can be saved.